SECTION 1 – WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
1. When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website, place an order on our Website, provide us with details required for a particular product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name, date of birth, age, gender and address. Each piece of information you give us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide to us.
2. Information we collect about you and your device – Each time you visit the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
a. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
b. information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. Information we collect about you via advertising – From time to time, we may place ads on third party sites (such as YouTube). When you view or otherwise interact with our ads, we and our partners may use various technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data & anonymised IDs for attribution & advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and the effectiveness of our adverts.
4. Information we receive from other sources – We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them
5. Location Information – We may also collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
We do not collect your financial information. This is collected and stored by third party payment processors.
SECTION 2 – THE USE OF THE COLLECTED DATA
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- to allow us to provide you with our books and related services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website when you choose to do so;
- to conduct competitions and promotions;
- to contact you about products and services you have requested;
- to notify you about changes to the Website and products and service we offer;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to ensure the Website is safe and secure; or to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to allow us to remind you about our products or services on particular dates you have provided us with.
- to allow us to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and “push” notification) and to contact you by post
The emails we send to you fall into two categories:
- Emails which provide you with information about offers, new products and other things that we think may interest you or customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our newsletters here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The emails and messaging alerts that we send concerning activity on your account (“Service Messages”), specifically
- a) To remind you of free credits that may be in your account
- b) To remind you of unordered items in your online basket
- c) To remind you of product creations that you have abandoned
- d) Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with Bipeptides
- e) Surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
- f) To remind you that you have an Account
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we reasonably can, please be aware that it may take up to 14 days for changes to your preferences concerning Service Messages to take effect.
We may also use data held about you for another purpose, but only where such purpose is communicated to you at the point of data collection
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Bipeptides stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Bipeptides Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 4 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 5 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 6 – COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
1. Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
2. Analytical/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of currency or language).
4. Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our Website and services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We may also use these cookies when we place ads on third party sites (such as YouTube). This allows us to understand the number of times our ad has been viewed, whether you visited our Website after viewing our ad and the links that you followed to get there.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com